Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Good End to an Interesting Semester.

Hey all, i just wanted to share this story with you, but i couldnt be bothered making a video because its late, and i wanted to get it up! So here it is:
During the mid-semester break, I did a week long fast to talk to God and find out what it is that He had in store for me for my projects. I really wanted this semester to be one where the projects would bring glory to God and that I would be able to touch my class mates with the love of Christ and share with them what is important to me and my faith.
Yesterday I had to give a presentation in front of my class explaining my current project and my inspiration for that project. My project is based on the christian persecution that is happening in India and what it is like for myself and my family when my dad goes there as a missionary. I am looking specifically at the 32 days that my dad was away last year in India, because it was the first time that he had ever been to one specific place in India that has crazy persecution rates. I shared all of this [and some more stuff] with my class. I thought that it was either going to make or brake my class. Esp. because my professor for that class [who is also the head of my department] is gay, and I am sure that he has had alot of christians be anti him, which is so sad you know? So many christians are so anti-gay/anti-homosexuality that they hate the people, which is just SO wrong. ANYWAY, so I was really interested in hearing feed back from my teacher.
Afterwards he was like "Emily that was a really good presentation...it is really hard to be a christian in an art school and i think you have done a really good job of presenting yourself...And so Emily, you do realize that basically today, you came out in front of your class that you were a christian, congratulations!" How awesome is that?!
It was so cool to see that it was my last class that God decided to use to manifest all the prayers and hopes that I had for the semester and use me at this time. It was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment