Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Semester, New Sebby

So, I'm sitting in the Computer Lab between classes and I am reveling in the free time that I haven't had for months! Unless you count Christmas break. But whatever.

Here's what I'm realizing...when I have time to think, I think about you people! Maybe my brain is finally catching up for all the time that I wanted to think about you last semester, but I couldn't, because my life was crazy. I love you all so much it's ridiculous. Anyway, here's what's happening with me:

I am taking Shakespeare, American Film, and Women in American Literature this semester. I haven't been to Shakespeare yet, but I love my other two classes and I'm pretty much in love with SS as well, so I think it's going to be a really good semester. I'm also writing a thesis about how feminism actually devalues women...it should be interesting. I'm going to try to write it from a Christian perspective, so pray that I would be able to articulate myself clearly! I want to be able to reach out to my professors that read it.

Also, I got accepted to STINT officially!! They asked me to pray about leading a team to a partnership in the MidSouth (which is my region), and I told them I would. While my heart really wants to be in Melbourne, I know that the MidSouth really has a need for STINTers. I'm not sure what will happen, but I'll keep you posted.

That's about all, except that my family is having some pretty serious struggles with the idea of me leaving for a year. Please pray for them! I have hope that God is going to do some awesome things in my family, but we are definitely seeing some hard times right now. I love them and am so thankful for them. These struggles also make me very thankful that I have you all to point me to Christ. I love y'all and still miss you everyday!

Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment