Last week was STINT briefing! I was shocked at how much God taught me in such a short period of time. Still processing it too. I think the biggest thing the renewing of a vision for reaching the world. I have had a heart for the world for a couple of years now and recently more specifically a heart for Australia but the passion for it had been in a bit of a slump. I have been focusing so much on Melbourne and Student Life I wasn't realizing God's bigger plan. As I looked around the room at 400 people who were going out to the world,God reminded me the power of every single person. Each person is carrying the light of Christ into the darkness.
Yeah, deep. Another part of the briefing was team bonding. I love our team! Please be praying for Katherine, a potential teammate. She was originally going to Botswana, Africa but there are not any other girls going. She expressed interest in joining our Melbourne team and I think it would be a perfect fit for her and our team (it would be nice to have an even number of single girls too). Pray that she will have discernment for what God wants.
Sadly I had to start saying goodbyes :( I have a couple of friends STINTing in other countries and I wont see them for a year and a half. It kinda hit me all at once. But I am excited to see how God will work all over the world.
The next couple of months are filled with support raising, spending time with family and hopefully some Virginia Tech football games. Its going to be a bit harder now with everyone back at school and no real community here. But I am thankful that I have experienced such great community that I have something to miss now. Better get to bed-early morning tomorrow.
-loci
No comments:
Post a Comment